To be read carefully before registering and participating:
By registering, you guarantee to us that you will be on the event date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any of the race. You must be aware that the Marathon, Half-Marathon and 10kms races are very demanding on the cardiovascular system, the respiratory systems and on the articulations.
You must make sure that you will train well in view of this race and that you do not suffer from any cardiac problems, chronic muscular, joint or spinal problems, or any other medical condition that could put you at risk during the race.
If you are in any doubt we strongly recommend that you seek medical advice before taking part.
Race registration is being managed by our Partner ROAG; it is smooth, safe and easy!
Rates - race only
KFC Marathon | 70 Euros | Residents Rs 2,200
KFC Half-Marathon | 50 Euros | Residents Rs 1,815
UD Trucks 10 KM | 30 Euros | Residents Rs 1,320
Medical Certificate is compulsory.
Disclaimer Form to be filled, signed and return back to the Organisation.The form can be downloaded here-under. This is very important to validate your registration.
I hereby declare that by sending my disclaimer form I have read and agree with the Rules & Regulations stipulate on the website of KFC Mauritius Marathon.
1. The KFC Mauritius Marathon, KFC Semi-Marathon and UD Trucks 10 KM will take place on 19th July 2020. All events are approved by the IAAF and AIMS.
2. Mauritius Marathon is a road race of 42,195 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the IAAF and AIMS. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form. Minimum age to enter the race : 18 years old
3. The half-marathon is also a road race of 21,1 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the IAAF and AIMS. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form. Minimum age to enter the race: 18 years old.
4. The 10 km event is a road race of 10 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the IAAF and AIMS. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form.
Minimum age to enter the race: 15 years old.
5. By participating in the Mauritius Marathon the runner agree that he/she is not for any reason, including medical reasons, prohibited from taking part in the competition.
6. All participants must ensure they are fit enough to take part in the race. It is also recommended that any participant (especially those above the age of 40 years old) taking part in such
event for the first time should consult their Medical Practitioner before.
7. Cancellation of the event due to Force Majeure cases will not entail any refund to participants.
8. Refund policy resulting from cancellation from participants:
Cancellation between 01/01/2020 and 16/06/2020: 50% refund
Cancellation after 16/06/2020: no refund
9. No participant shall be allowed to transfer his/her registration and/or his/her race number.
10. The organizer reserves the right to modify the route of the races for security or any other reasons.
11. (i) The KFC Marathon will start at 6.30 am and participants will be allowed 6 hours maximum to complete the race and reach the finish line.
(ii) The KFC half-marathon will start at 7.00 am and participants will be allowed 4 hours maximum to complete the race and reach the finish line.
(iii) The UD Trucks 10 KM will start at 9.00 am and participants will be allowed 2.5 hours maximum to complete the race and reach the finish line.
(iv) Participants shall strictly respect the Highway/Road Code even if the police will ensure road safety, as the road is not closed during the race.
(v) After the cut-off time of 12.30 hrs the organization duties, obligations and liabilities will terminate and the company cannot be held responsible of any event or accident occurring.
12. All participants shall at all time wear their respective race numbers in such a way as to make it visible. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the participant. There shall be regular controls during the race in order to maintain rules and discipline.
13. The participant must give back his Race Number to the Organizers (at any check point table) in the following cases:
(i) If he/she withdraw for the race;
(ii) If he/she is expelled from the race by the Organizing Committee or if one of the doctors asks the runner to stop;
(iii) And at the Finish line if required,failing which, the organization will not be liable for any matter concerning the participant and the organiser may refuse the participant’s participation in any future Mauritius Marathon event.
14. (i) Each participant shall be responsible for his evaluation for personal water and foodstuff intake during the race.
(ii) Participant is strongly advised not to accept any provision outside specific supply point which will be set up at every +/- 5 KM route.
(iii) Any participant who has withdraw or be asked to stop from the race shall leave the Marathon route.
15. Any decision taken by the Race Director shall be final.
16. Ranking will be made according to age groups. In the event of a dead heat the winner will be the oldest participant. Categories of age are as follows:
Veteran (4): born 1949 and before
Veteran (3): born from 1950 to 1959
Veteran (2): born from 1960 to 1971
Veteran (1): born from 1970 to 1979
Senior: born from 1980 to 2001
Junior: born in 2002 to 2004
17. Any claim or appeal shall be in writing to the Race Director within 30 minutes of the posting of the provisional results. Decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final.
18. In the event of deliberate alteration to markings or damage to any signs, caused by a participant the latter shall be disqualified. Person assisting participants should adhere strictly to rules of the competition and strictly respect all the control and directives, failing which, their participant will be disqualified.
19. Participants undertake:
(i) Not to threaten or insult any member of the Organizing Committee and/or any member of the public and or any participant.
(ii) Not to commit any act of cheating before and/or during the race;
(iii) Not to anticipate the start of the race;
(iv) To run the full race before reaching the finish line, failing which the participant shall be disqualified.
20. No animal, cycles, rollers, skates or motorized wheelchair or vehicle will be allowed to participate.
(i) The Organizers have taken an insurance cover, a public liability that may arise against them and/or their Preposés and participants. Participant may ask for a copy of same.
(ii) Participants not in possession of insurance cover for personal injuries/damage may subscribe at their own cost to an insurance policy. The insurance cover for the participant shall be null and void if any of the rules of the event is not adhered to by the participant.
22. (i) The organiser will make proposal for packages for hotel accommodation, transfers and race participation.
(ii) The organiser will not be held responsible in the event of any dispute arising between the hotels, all service providers and the client/participant.
23. By registering for the KFC Marathon / KFC Semi-Marathon / UD Trucks 10 KM it is agreed and understood:
(i) that the Participant accept all the rules and regulations set out above;
(ii) that the organizer shall have all Rights to make use of any picture, visuals, films, etc. otherwise regarding the race for promotional purposes.